The Joint National Co-ordinators provide strategic support to the Scottish Dementia Working Group. This includes:
- Providing support to the committee in preparing the agenda and planning meetings.
- Coordinating the national meetings and AGMs.
- Supporting members to attend committees, events, and conferences.
- Supporting the group at conferences.
- Identifying and carrying out their aims and objectives.
- Coordinating and supporting of all consultations with members.
- Developing and implementing the group’s campaign plans and actions.
Susan Burn – Joint National Co-ordinator
Tel: 0141 410 1074
Caroline Church – Joint National Co-ordinator
Tel: 0141 418 3939
The Development Officer’s work includes:
- Increasing membership, particularly amongst groups and areas that are under represented
- Providing support for new members to settle into the group.
- Building links with existing groups of people with dementia and supporting local campaigning and awareness raising groups.
- Providing support to members and encouraging active involvement in SDWG.
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers.
- Identifying or organising training or other support needed by members to be in SDWG.
Fiona Gordon – National Development Officer (Central Scotland)
Tel: 0141 418 3938
Wendy Rankin – Development Officer (North East)
Tel: 01382 210011
The National Team Administrator’s work includes:
- Taking minutes at committee meetings, general meetings and AGMs.
- Organising travel for members to meetings and events.
- Setting up meetings and events
Caroline Russell – National Team Administrator
Tel: 0141 418 3936