The SDWG Vision
We campaign for a world in which all people with dementia can have:
- Clear pathways, starting at diagnosis.
- Regular reviews as needs change.
- Local support groups.
- Good networks linking groups of people with dementia to each other.
- Better services for people in outlying areas.
- Full information available automatically after diagnosis.
- Leisure opportunities available to all who want them.
- Continuing contact, even if someone is not yet ready to get involved.
- A role in service planning on terms we can understand.
- Opportunities to influence design features in the places we use.
Aims and Objectives
Our Constitution commits the Working Group to:
- Being the voice of and for people with dementia nationally and locally.
- Influencing public policies that impact on the lives of people with dementia and their families.
- Promoting improved provision of services in Scotland.
- Developing information, education, awareness and training in the field of dementia.
- Reducing the prejudice and stigma attached to dementia.
Enquiries are welcome from, or on behalf of, individuals from anywhere in Scotland who are interested in becoming involved; just get in touch with us.